First-Time Home Buyers
Considering buying your first home?
It’s exciting to consider buying your first home, isn’t it?! There are SO many positive things about owning your own home…can’t you envision yourself finding the home of your dreams, making it yours, and embarking on a brand new chapter of your life? The flip-side of the coin is that the home buying process is complicated, and for many first-time home buyers, the process can seem overwhelming. Since there are so many things to consider when buying a home, some first-time home buyers don’t even know where to start, while others, unfortunately, may not “know what they don’t know”.
Not to worry, we work with first-time homebuyers all the time, and have done so for years! We have everything under control, and are well-prepared to successfully guide you every step of the way! We are absolutely ready and able to help you purchase your first home, so please contact us today!
There are LOTS of licensed real estate agents in the Charlotte metropolitan area of North Carolina, and in the upstate area of South Carolina, but they are not all equally educated and prepared to help you find and successfully purchase your first home. Our dedication and commitment to serving our clients, and serving the community at the same time, is what sets us apart! Please see our “Mission Statement” and “Testimonials” pages for more information.
Homes with Heart® Real Estate, Inc. is ready to help you find and purchase your first home, and will be with you EVERY step of the way! The following represents a list of of the typical services our home buyer clients can expect to receive:
- Loan Pre-Approval Assistance: One of the most important first-steps to buying a home, particularly in today’s competitive market conditions, is to speak with a lender to get pre-approved for a loan. If you don’t already have a lender in mind, we’ll be happy to recommend experienced, reputable lenders to help you.
- FREE, No-Obligation Buyer Consultation: We’ll meet to discuss your home wants and needs; will explain the various types of agency in NC & SC; and will review the various required forms associated with buying a home.
- Create Personalized Home Search Website: We’ll set-up a personalized home search website, specifically tailored to your individual home criteria, in order to help you find the home of your dreams!
- Schedule Showings: For any homes of interest to you (resale and/or new construction), we’ll schedule showings at days/times most convenient for you.
- Meet to View Homes Together: We’ll walk-thru the homes together with you, and point out our observations and make recommendations, based upon our many years of experience in the business.
- New Construction Homes: We can help you with new construction homes also! Please view our “New Construction” page for more information.
- Review & Discuss Comparable Sales Data: For any homes of significant interest to you, we’ll research and analyze sales data for comparable homes, in order to determine an appropriate offer price for the home.
- Prepare & Discuss Offer Documents: After discussing comparable sales and determining proposed offer terms, we’ll prepare the appropriate documents, in order to submit an Offer to Purchase on your behalf.
- Convenient Document Approvals: Our goal is to make the home buying process as easy and stress-free as possible for EVERY client! Some clients prefer to review & sign documents electronically, while others prefer to meet in person to review and manually sign. Whichever method is preferable for you is fine with us!
- Professional Negotiations: We want you to purchase the home of your dreams for the best possible price! As such, we will use our many years of business experience to professionally negotiate the most favorable terms with the sellers, through their listing agent.
- Step-By-Step, Post Contract Guidance: For many first-time home buyers, the exhilaration of being under contract is soon followed by the sudden realization that there is still MUCH work to do. They tend to feel a bit overwhelmed, and frequently don’t know where to start. No need to worry!! We will provide & discuss a list of “Next Steps”, in order to successfully guide you along every step of the process (financing, appraisals, inspections, etc).
- Home Inspections: It is extremely important to have home inspections performed, prior to completing the purchase of your home. We’re there for you for every step of this important process…from recommending qualified home inspection professionals, to attending inspections, to negotiating repairs! Please view our “Home Inspections” page for more information.
- Closing Preparation & Attendance: It is also extremely important to hire a licensed real estate attorney to assist you with the legalities of purchasing your home (i.e. title search & insurance, survey, document preparation & review, conduct closing, etc). If you don’t have an attorney in mind, we’ll be happy to recommend experienced, reputable attorneys to assist you. We’ll review & discuss the settlement statement with you, and will attend the closing.
- CONGRATULATIONS, You’ve Purchased Your First Home!: Once the deed has been recorded, and funds disbursed, you will receive the keys to your new home!
LAST BUT NOT LEAST…THE CHARITABLE DONATION! As mentioned in our Mission Statement, Homes with Heart® Real Estate, Inc. is committed to helping our clients AND the community, AT THE SAME TIME! We donate 10% of our commission from each sale* to the IRS-recognized 501(c)3 charity of our client’s choice, in their name(s)!
*Unless disallowed in conjunction with distressed home sales (short sales, foreclosures, etc.)